PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Harvard' PB at Duxford today
View Single Post
Old 14th Sep 2012, 12:47
500 above

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
here is an example of conduct that two Ex Training Captains witnessed today,whilst transiting from Elstree to Duxford,to attend an Airline Reunion of old Pilots.
More Trident talk?

Did you make a further call when the Harvard said he was lining up? I don't condone the Harvard crew's actions, but honestly it is possible they didn't hear you on the R/T (even though the FISO obviously did) It is possible the radio violume was turned down to brief the run-up or indeed any other multitude of reasons. However a good lookout you think you may be, there is ALWAYS the opportunity to miss traffic, even on final at 500'. This is also possibly the case. Perhaps the FISO could have suggested (I am aware of the constraints of a FISO) there was traffic on short final.

I've had the pleasure of operating in and out of Duxford many a time, fantastic place. I have to say I've always received a friendly service from them. Sorry to hear some of you won't be going back. The museum needs all the funds they can get. Oh, and JR is a real gent. He restored a Chippy I was involved in years ago.

I trust the white kid leather gloves kept the sweat at bay during the ensuing go-around in the Tomahawk!

Last edited by 500 above; 14th Sep 2012 at 12:53.