PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Harvard' PB at Duxford today
View Single Post
Old 14th Sep 2012, 11:07
EDMJ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What exactly do you want to hear from your "audience"?

The fact that you

- are apparently still "suffering" from the non-event of having been involved in a light aircraft go-around more than two days ago,
- name, discredit and pass on negative rumours about an individual - without even knowing whether he was the pilot of the other aircraft (not that that would matter),
- still waffle irrelevantly about a Harvard's hydraulic system even though you (still) don't know why it didn't take off (could very well have been a legitimate reason, such as the pilot having a sneeze attack, glasses fell of his nose, an instrument indication of some sort not matching expectations, etc. etc. etc.)
- still mention "ATC" even though an earlier post clarified that there is no such thing at Duxford,
- apparently still haven't called Duxford to find out what happened, despite an invitation to the contrary

is unfortunately starting to discredit you more than whoever was in the Harvard.

Such things happens all the time, all over the place.

I fly from a 400m runway with a public road crossing one threshold and a traffic light regulating crossing traffic. The other day, while #2 to land, I watched #1 go around because a bicyclist decided to disregard the traffic light. No hollering, no screaming and no corresponding postings on the Internet, just a brief "XY going around".

Anyone let loose in aircraft alone (including students) must be fairly assumed to be capable of executing a go-around, whenever required, without loosing control of the aircraft.

I cannot see the drama in this episode, even more so when also considering your apparently significant experience.