PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bell 407 Nightscanner Plus vs HID Nightscanner Plus
Old 14th Sep 2012, 09:27
olymbec

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Bell 407 Nightscanner Plus vs HID Nightscanner Plus

I recently purchased a Bell 407 which I am upgrading from a Bell 206B3. I am looking to install either Super Nightscanner®, totally controllable lights offering the pilot a 800,000 candlepower illumination at 450 watts. OR The new HID Nightscanner® lights, High Intensity Discharge (HID) lighting, offer all you can ask for in a light. They are up to 25% brighter, the bulbs last 40–80 times longer, and are powered at a fraction of the normal amps required for traditional lighting accessories. The HID Nightscanner® Plus has a candlepower of 700,000.

Nightscanner® Lighting Comparison Table

New HID Nightscanner® Plus uses 4 amps, lamp life 1000 hours beam width Beam Width (degrees) 9X9

Super Nightscanner® uses 21 amps, lamp life 25 hours beam width (degrees) 13X14

the cost premium for the HID system is approximately $1300.00 It seems like a no brainer to choose the new HID technology, however I am curious if any pilot used to new HID and what was their opinion on the difference in the quality of light emitted and if the colour of the light was whiter?
Any comments would be greatly appreciated.