PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BLOOD MONEY
Thread: BLOOD MONEY
View Single Post
Old 14th Sep 2012, 06:30
Pogie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone who is appalled with the shark fin trade, but gladly eats steaks and pork chops is a hypocrite living in denial in my opinion. Don't agree? I suggest you watch this video:

If the link doesn't work, then search for "slaughterhouse how to kill animals" to see the video.

I grew up on a pig farm, and later a beef cattle farm with a slaughter house next to it. My best friend in grade school lived on a chicken farm, so I spent a fair amount of time working there as well. I've witnessed about half the stuff that you see in the video (gladly not the chicks being thrown into the meat grinder, though -- that's especially nasty!). Unfortunately, it's real, and it's just what happens behind the scenes getting your meat to the grocery store (where your wife picks it up all nicely wrapped in plastic in her SUV.)

Did I like castrating pigs with a pocket knife, or dragging a bawling heifer by a nose-clamp into the blood-soaked kill-room at the slaughter house? Heck no! You'd have to be a cold-hearted psycho to enjoy that, but it was a dirty job that had to be done.

So, excuse me if I roll my eyes when you or Gordon Ramsey protest the shark fin trade while your steak is cooking on the Bar-B!

Last edited by Pogie; 14th Sep 2012 at 06:33.