PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BLOOD MONEY
Thread: BLOOD MONEY
View Single Post
Old 14th Sep 2012, 05:45
Pogie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Messiah,

Dairy cattle are not an endangered species.
And they're also not used for steaks! LOL! I'm guessing somebody grew up a city boy!

Vibes,

the point is if human fingers were selling for $100,000 a pop would you cut yours off and then die of septicaemia so the rest of your 'cheap' and 'useless' carcass was left to rot?
My fingers? Probably not, but I can think of a couple tools that I've worked with that I could stand to make a million dollars each off of.

And an airline that wastes its resources transporting this around the world in a velvet lined box to people around the world paying thousands of dollars for the 'luxury' are themselves part of the fcukwit culture?
Wasting resources? Or missed opportunities? I suspect that CX refusing to haul shark fins is more about trying to polish their "image" as a caring airline than it is about standing up to something they believe in. You know as well as I do that the "new Chinese Culture" is all about money, and we capitalize on it every which way we can. Every first class seat sale is an example of that. Is first class really worth twice the price of business, or is just another means for the self-loving to show off their wealth?