PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - COPA Airlines interviews
View Single Post
Old 14th Sep 2012, 01:45
SonnyCrockett

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
7Q....De Nada Amigo!

I got a place on Balboa Ave (nice area on the water--near the Yacht Club) It cost me $1300 a month---short walk to Hooters and some other "establishments" Prices to eat out are just like in the USA...Hooters has overpriced beer but the Colombian girls made it worth it.....Trust me on that one. <BG>

Cell phone--I unlocked my iPhone and just paid as I go....you will find out you can get a chip at any local cell phone stand and they you pay at cell ATM's around the city--it was really cheap actually. Plan on around $30-$40 a month.

Electric Bill and Cable was a PITA. You pay your bill at one of the Grocery stores (you wait in line.....with everyone else) no online bill pay or ANY MAIL service at all in Panama.....it was the most unorganized thing I have ever seen. Electric bill was $150-$200 a month it is not cheap--GO CHECK OUT THE PANAMA EXPAT forums and read some horror stories! I didn't use my A/C as I was on the Ocean and had a good sea breeze.

Cable bill was "Cablea Onda" like Direct TV....around $45 a month including wireless Internet.

Food---$$$ Grocery store Can of Coke was $1.00! Any US food was overpriced---local stuff was not too bad.

I was surprised at how much crap cost in Panama---this in in the city I know outside and around the country it was a lot cheaper---of course you need to live near MPTO (PTY Airport) so plan in $$$$.

As long as you go with YOUR EYES WIDE OPEN and know what you are getting into--with an exit plan you will be ok.