PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A Special Appeal from Richard (Taff) Hale
Old 13th Sep 2012, 21:00
10W

PPRuNe Bashaholic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some more updates from the family.

6th SEPTEMBER

Little bit of an update folks......Vanessa is now on day +9; i.e. 9days after getting Connie's 'Megadose' stem cells back! Connie made me say this again !! so far, all is still GOOD!

There have been a few days where she has felt poorly since Day 0, but the promised decline doesn't seem to have arrived, in fact her blood counts were very good today and would appear to be climbing, this is good news. Let's hope things continue going in this direction!

Her hair is now beginning to come out; however, she was expecting this and doesn't seem to be that bothered (outwardly anyway). She has a couple of hats that she'll be wearing when she gets a chance to go out for an hour or two.

Today for her breakfast, Vanessa had a "Bacon Sarnie", not your typical German breaky!! the doctors and nurses do think this is a bit odd, but secretly, i think would like one !!

Most days, the physiotherapist has been visiting to give Vanessa some exercises to do, step machine, bike and breathing exercises; keeps her strength up and breaks the boredom a little. I've been trying to get Connie on the bike for a wee pic, but she is resisting somewhat!!

The road ahead is still long and as usual, there is always that degree of uncertainty. However, we are very pleased with Vanessa's progress so far and will continue to keep you posted as we go.......thanks for reading folks
— at Kinderklinik Tübingen

8th SEPTEMBER

Vanessa's blood counts were up today, have been for 3 days now; so the deal with the Docs is, she is allowed out for 1 hour !!

So, after 4 weeks cooped up in her hospital room, off we went to the Market Square on a lovely sunny day, she loved it! (almost as much as Connie & I!)........

TODAY - 13th SEPTEMBER

Good news folks...Vanessa has been discharged from hospital we are all delighted with this news as you can imagine.

Her response so far and her blood counts all point in the right direction, so the Docs decided to discharge her to stay at the charity house Connie and I stay at. She will attend the hospital most days to have bloods taken in order to monitor her progress, however, its great to think that this is a step closer to coming home!

This means the first phase of the treatment is going to plan. We are very aware that we have many months ahead with the next phase, the Antibody phase, however to get to this point without any major problems is a big relief.

Thanks again folks for your support on Face Book and on @vanessariddle (Vanessa's tw1tter feed) she is bowled over by all your comments, she really does love them all, keep the comments and support coming updates to follow.....(Chris)
Early days ... but going really well so far