PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Harvard' PB at Duxford today
View Single Post
Old 13th Sep 2012, 17:39
FAStoat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What I find most interesting is that apart from a couple(One of whom was one the finest Trainers I have ever known),NONE of you have offered any sort of mutual criticism of the actions of the Harvard Pilot!!.In fact I would go so far as suggest most of you seem to consider it to be a reasonable action, for a Warbird Pilot to taxi on an active runway whilst an approach and landing is to be made ahead of you,by a little Club PA38,which would obviously be piloted by a poor little PPL,and then baulk his landing,by just sitting on the end of the runway.We continued our approach until 100ft at which point it was obvious the Harvard was going to make no attempt to depart,and then broke starboard and called going around.At that point both of us were considerably concerned that said Harvard was not about to climb up underneath us or arrive at the crosswind point at that same time,as very little airmanship had been shown by him up to this point.Upon landing we just consoled each other that we had both retired and hopefully would not be quite so irritated in future.It was only when met by a bunch of old colleagues and bystanders that various bits of information and obvious issues were imparted to us,hence the need to air the issues here!As the ATC was only advisory,we felt it to be the Pilot's gross bad manners as opposed to the lack of foresight of the controller.
Quite frankly I give up ,as your standards are well below anything I have ever tried to impart into my Students or Trainees/First Officers,and will not give you any sympathy if anything untoward occurs in your Aviation Career.As a Mentor of mine used to say-"You wont get any sympathy if you cock up,remember where it comes in the Dictionary-Between **** and Syphillis".

Last edited by FAStoat; 13th Sep 2012 at 17:46.