PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The best place for flight ops jobs?
View Single Post
Old 13th Sep 2012, 16:11
Inspecthergadget

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Most Operators only recruit experienced Staff and therein lies the challenge with a newbie like yourself Mike. You're in a Catch22 situation ie no experience but have a desire to work in the industry.

I remember when i started back in the days of when the internet was in it's infancy and we didn't have the kind of resources currently available & wrote hundreds of letters to Operators, Airlines, Handling companies & so on. Back in those days a letter would, 7 times out of 10 get a written reply on company headed paper, often in the negative. But at least you knew they had read your letter

These days it's so easy to send an email that it's also easy not confirm that it was read it or not even bother to respond. I still believe that if you take the trouble to send a letter by snail mail you have more chance of getting your foot in the door.

You're also up against the fact that in the last 3 years a large number of Airlines have gone out of business and have left a rather large chunk of experienced staff high and dry struggling to make ends meet, pay the mortgage and so on.

Good luck!!!