PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Do Easyjet cancel flights with poor load factors?
Old 13th Sep 2012, 15:07
jabird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm flying with BE out to DBV at the end of the month. I'm wondering if I might be the only pax as it is last one out for the season! Still, they can't cancel it if it brings a full load back!

Surely the whole point of YM is that even if a route is doing worse than the route planners expected, you just drop the base price, and you still get a reasonable number of bums on seats.

Given that Easy largely fly between places with reasonable populations at each end (ie a lot of their routes will have demand from both directions), I would expect their flights to be easier to fill than when Ryanair operate from STN to the middle of nowhere.

Even if Easy aren't making anything on the flight, still better to put a bum on the seat and hope it will want feeding. It may also want to park itself in a hire car at the destination too.

So apart from special cases (start/end of season, major sporting events etc), how often is this even something that Easyjet actually have to worry about?