PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair claim upheld
View Single Post
Old 13th Sep 2012, 14:27
fireflybob

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
As I said, for me as professional I do not care about the carrier flag but that the operation is performed with the best margin of safety. While probably Ryanair is operating legally most of the time, walking the fine thread between legality and what aeronautical common sense dictates it does not mean they are operating with the same safety levels of other carriers. They exploit the interpretation of the regulations, regulations that were once wrote based in that safety instead economic benefit would be used to interpret them.
A serious mistake from our European Aeronautical legislators.

I mentioned as example another low cost airline that is an example of safe and reliable operation like Air Berlin that besides being safe they treat customers like customers, not like cattle. They get not public money help, they are efficient, safe and respectful.
They are not Spanish but surely welcomed here.
Can you see the difference?
Furia, whilst I share your sentiments entirely it all depends what you and I or anyone else defines as "the best margin of safety" - the rules are surely there to do just that?

Equally whether or not you think Ryanair treat passengers as "cattle" is debatable (and what do we mean by that?) - whether or not they do so has little bearing on safety (not saying I agree that's the way it should be though!).

FR are the first ones to breach the law...
reivax, in what respect - where is your proof that they have breached the law?

Whilst I personally don't like many aspects of Ryanair's modus operandi this seems to me to be much more of a political battle which is being fought by Spain. If you decide you don't like somebody then you can find all sorts of ways to make life difficult for them.

In many ways Ryanair have been pioneers and still are. They are therefore, quite naturally, protecting themselves from any deadly arrows. Time will tell who will win.