PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Thames Airport for London
View Single Post
Old 13th Sep 2012, 14:07
silverstrata

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Skippy:

How many famiies are you talking about uprooting if every single baggage handler and driver gets sacked? Where are the jobs for them to go to? Is housing for manual workers included in your costs? Schools for tens of thousands of families? Slapdash and arrogant answer silver. These people lack the income of a CPL for God's sake, you cannot compare their mobility to yours.

You are not a pilot, I can tell.

I started as a co-pilot on the minimum wage, with a £60,000 overdraft, and was living in a squat with five others - two to a room. This wonderful abode had no carpets, no plaster on the walls, no cooker, no fridge, and no central heating. (At least it was free.)

And yes, I managed to move more than 17 times, as successive companies ordered a base-change or went bankrupt. And am still in a one-room rented piss-hole. Think piloting is fun, do you?

So I spit on any dumb-ass loader who cannot get off their fat arse to move house, when a lucrative job-transfer is offered. And I spit on your bleeding-heart liberalism that always offers excuses for the dumb, the lazy, and the downright criminal.

Jabird:

Good for you? With family or on your own? It isn't always a question of being bothered. Sometimes you have roots in a particular place, kids in school or a partner who would also need to move.
Good for them.

Sorry, but this is not a Marie Antoinette situation. Jobs would be available, relocation packages offered (which I have never had), new and pleasant housing constructed. All the dumb-ass loader has to do is move house. If they cannot be bothered to do so, then they have a god-given right to stay there and starve. But they do not have a god-given right to stay and fleece social security (your taxes) because they are too dumb-ass lazy to move.

Jabird

How are you going to insert the passing loops for Crossrail to run from Heathrow City to FBI in 30 minutes, which it would need to do without stopping?
If nobody built passing loops, then there is plenty of room on the lamppost.

Last edited by silverstrata; 13th Sep 2012 at 14:18.