PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thomson Recruiting
View Single Post
Old 13th Sep 2012, 09:34
Callsign Kilo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pilot3103,

It was stated in an earlier part of this thread that crew are paid £9.00 per flying hour and £3.52 for FDA (with 0.86 of this untaxed). I'm not sure what Thomson's Part A states with regards to when a flight duty period commences? I believe it ends at chocks on. A further complexity that you may encounter when trying to calculate predicted take home is that flight pay increases by a particular factor depending on the time of duty ie flying through the night into the morning etc. Again someone from TOM was kind enough to disclose this information in the early part of this thread.

I remember reading that average hours for a permanent full time employee were in the region of 700 per annum. This, in my opinion, will either be less on this deal or the same (you will simply work more during your two weeks on in the winter months). Summer appears to be full tilt, again a current TOM pilot suggested 90-93 hours per month.

I'm pretty sure take home may vary from base to base, type of scheduling, roster pattern etc.

Would be keen to know the type of pattern in the summer - 6/2 6/3 etc or is it more random? Does anyone commute from other parts of the UK? Ie B&B when on duty, return home for days off? Is this even economically feasible and/or does the roster pattern, especially during summer, allow it?

Many thanks

Last edited by Callsign Kilo; 13th Sep 2012 at 09:43.