PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JFK 777 Base on new FTLS
View Single Post
Old 13th Sep 2012, 07:01
whackthemole

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
reality check.

- membership drive to over 80% from 50%
And exactly why is 8 cowards better than 5?

- informal integration of the LPF into the AOA
Great.

- educational allowance and HKPA for non-expat pilots
the RDO took care of that without the AOAs help.

- SLS 2009 which was repaid (mostly)
and who fixed this for the other 20,000 HK staff? the AOA?

- 25 year housing (even if it is not in writing)
you're joking, right? the AOA has been camped outside the DFOs door for 3 years trying to get this honored, only to hear is the howling laughter from inside. Do you recall what 'hook' was attached to this little scam?

- AOA access to new joiners
see post about packing more cowards into the same boat. Numbers don't achieve anything. Achievements do.

- choice for RA55 and BPP or RA65
awesome choice for Canada and Australia. Where did the "extension on current terms" argument go? So now we can choose to work 10 extra years for basically the same total remuneration we would have had with RA55 / bypass pay combination. I work 10 years extra, but consequentially get my command 7 years later? where do I sign? Oh, I lose my BPP?

- valiant losing effort in the SO BPP case
By blowing millions on dollars to fumble the ball in the end zone?

- pay rise in 2011 with no concessions
we argued for 34%. We received increases individually varying between 0.6% and 14.4%. For some, the AOA dues surpass their payrise.

- "favorable" result for AMS based pilots
having their base shut down and taking a massive paycut? "favorable" to who? The company? Senior officers in HK waiting for a base? For certain European individuals?

- strong HKALPA and AOA influence on new FTLs
Agreed.

- freighter PX win without legal expense in court
CX lawyers advising the 9th floor managers that they are, in face, violating our CoS and therefore will lose in court might have influenced this one. The company successfully managed to ignore and appease the AOAs scary letters for the better part of a decade; it took individual members filings of D&G proceedings to get this ball rolling, not the AOAs foot-stomping.

- collective bargaining negotiations in both Oz and Canada
Yes. That went real well, didn't it. AOAC split and ran off with the loot while the AOAA faces 'permanent relocation.'

- undetermined, but hopeful, result for Paris based pilots
too little too late I'm afraid.

I'll add some more to the list:

-Failure to stop C scale
-Failure to stop BCF production outsourced to AHK and ACC
-Failure to stop DECs

I'm sure I missed some. Feel free to add to the list...

Last edited by whackthemole; 13th Sep 2012 at 07:50.