PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airservices CEO resigns
View Single Post
Old 13th Sep 2012, 03:26
Jack Ranga

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong but there is a strict 'chain of command' is there not in the military?

It would be frowned upon for a private to 'skip' a level of command when reporting anything, whether it be a better way of doing things, things that are going wrong at his/her level etc?

If she is relying on the level below her for business reports, she's in for a whole world of pain. Personally, when the last CEO presented himself to the troops I couldn't stand being in the same room as him. I couldn't stand the sight of the useless waste of space.

Maybe her first job is to get to the bottom of SDE, how much it has cost, (industry had better brace itself) what 'benefits' it has presented (none, in fact the way we are doing things is far worse from a service delivery perspective) if it was to isolate costs so that the god almighty Qantas management could only pay for the service they receive and not subsidise lower level traffic, it has been an abject failure.

Her second job is analyse FRMS2 and get an answer as to how any 'study' can come up with the illogical, fatigue inducing and just plain stupid rostering rules it comes up with. It is a load of bull****, has caused greater fatigue and has only succeeded in pissing the staff off, made shift swaps harder and caused even more disruption to people's family life.

Her third job is make sure that nothing EVER, EVER happens in the organisation like what occurred in the Training College. Stupid training experiments that were devised by hopelessly unqualified managers.

Her fourth job is clean out the garbage yes man empires that have been created and ask questions as to why there has been an explosion in admin staff numbers but a drop in ATC numbers 'CORE BUSINESS' ring any bells??

The list goes on...................