PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - COPA Airlines interviews
View Single Post
Old 12th Sep 2012, 20:31
SonnyCrockett

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Peter,

Relax take a deep sigh.....

Just pointed out the Koolaid in your earlier posts....I worked at COPA and saw the BS, so I bolted for many of the same reasons you list, one of the biggest for me was the lack of a real schedule, no jumpseat unless you jump through some pretty big hoops. Pay sucked, and that is if you got paid correctly and who can forget "Sandra" the chick was a liar and incompetent at her job, but it is Panama....that is the way they roll.

I enjoyed living in Panama but was offered a much better position $$$$$ so I bolted. I was NOT impressed with some of the other expats--we had some real losers that COPA hired--several of them lied on applications--most of them did crappy in training, did not have the flight time they said they did, I could go on and on.....everybody cheated in the tests! Pilots or Pirates???? LOL!

1. COPA will hire anyone (they hired a Connie Kalitta guy that was completely incompetent and that was DIRECT from the Kalitta trng dept.) I am sure COPA knows this and welcomes this guy because he is desperate and do anything for the company (kinda like a SCAB)

2. I know of another guy who was fired from Pinnacle and he was a compete loser--claimed he had 1000 in the 737 flying for Higher Power ferrying 737's. Yeah right whatever. This guy had a temper tantrum in the sim and was almost fired but he was a good azz kisser so they kept him.

For me it was a summer job, I enjoyed the latin girls and screwed off mostly....then it was time for a reality check and back to the real world.

Everyone needs to make their own decision....if you want to live in Panama and get a free (well almost free it will still cost you some money) 737 type go for it.....just understand as a gringo you are bottom on the list and expect nothing.