PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Grumman AA5A & Others - Any Advice
View Single Post
Old 12th Sep 2012, 15:45
Dan the weegie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A and C I totally agree, that's why I didn't mention it .

There's a lovely looking 4 seat Jodel tailwheel on afors at the moment, I know nothing about it but the ad looks comprehensive enough and it looks in good nick It's on a CofA and is a bit rare though.

There's also a 180hp Maule there but I have to say it's suspiciously low priced, the engine must be old or something. if it was in good condition that would be a superb machine for a syndicate, bit thirsty but really go anywhere.

Not sure an RV suits this group, the aircraft they're looking at falls quite short of the budget of an RV.

There are loads of planes that are fun to fly in this price bracket.

Not for the tall but I've flown a condor that was just beautiful to fly, nicely harmonised controls, fun but not to twitchy in pitch or roll and glides a surprisingly long way - not to mention easy to maintain and really easy to fly naturally if you know what I mean.

That said, I think of the bunch you have suggested I would choose the Europa. 1 ) there's loads of them 2) Nice to fly (from what I've heard) 3 ) Parts are easy, it's on a permit so you can do what you want.