PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lion Air to set up budget carrier in Malaysia
Old 12th Sep 2012, 06:23
jetjockey696

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
brasmelzuit... I agreed with you that Lionair are underpaid.. for FOs and Local captains.. But some malaysian capts that recently joined are getting slightly better salary than there local colleagues.. 9000USD. and 10wks on 2 wks off. But all salary are TAX free.. unlike the counterparts in Malaysia.

BUT some other facts you are wrong... compared with Tony.. Lionair DO give a yearly BONUS. You get the bonus at Hari raya.. for muslim.. for non believers 1st Jan.. NOT like TONY, if he is happy and dont need money for his hobbies, (football club or F1) he pays bonus. when I was working there many moons ago. he gave out bonus around july/august/sept...there excuse was something to do about taxes etc and then it only a week or 2 weeks bonus...

Medical insurance.. YES. 1 free coupon per year for the whole family.

OK no ID90. but lion tickets are cheap..cheaper than Air ASia no baggage charges etc...and definitely cheaper than Garuda..

Trust me there are many waiting to jump ship.. in malaysia.. from MAS etc. look at the thousands of CPL all getting excited. Malaysia aviation have not grown for many years.. sort of stuck after uncle Tony controlled most malaysian aviation, stopped many airlines from starting up. I think the government is tired of his antics, drama queen rants.

Now Tony has run out of ideas, so he decided to leave and come Indonesia and call it a new start, buying Batavia.. BAD MOVE... it like going out looking for a girl in a bar called BATS..dont want to pay premium, wait to the end of night for the scraps..it easier

Last edited by jetjockey696; 12th Sep 2012 at 06:33.