PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JFK 777 Base on new FTLS
View Single Post
Old 12th Sep 2012, 00:28
Oval3Holer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cxorcist,

I back a strong AOA unified through its members. By stating that you think it's an achievable goal you imply that the AOA is presently NOT unified through its members. I agree. However, you are a dreamer and I am a realist. I have seen the AOA's unity (what little there was) continually erode with the advent of bases, on-shoring and on-shored sub-unions (true, AOA Canada is no longer a sub-union.)

I wholeheartedly believe that this is a contract job and we get what we get ONLY because market forces dictate it. Sure, the forces are not always easy to see in action because the opposing forces usually do not act against one another on a timely basis. This is why we often think the company doesn't understand what it's doing. However, Swire has been around for over 150 years. I don't think they've survived unhappy employees for that long unless they were playing the long chess game.

You won your bet. I am not an AOA member and I'm not going to explain or get into a debate why. However, if the AOA would ask its members to withhold their services I would honor a picket line. I am NOT a scab and never will be (unlike some AOA members.)

If you say we can and will stick together you are once again dreaming.

There have been nothing but broken promises by management and hollow threats by the AOA. I see no reason that will ever change.