PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DUBLIN - 2
Thread: DUBLIN - 2
View Single Post
Old 11th Sep 2012, 22:57
Cian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just looking the other day from airside at that old terminal building at DUB. It looks really scruffy ugly on the outside and is in dire need of a dash of paint. Is it actually being used for something or is it a complete waste of space and will just sit there forever preventing any further redevelopment in that area?
Ground floor is used for non-contact gates; generally only Aer Lingus Regional these days. Was in a mess last time I flew out of there as it was being refurbished inside, the extremely limited food outlets shut and so on.

You can easily take a look if flying out of Pier A - just head back towards passport control, I can't remember the gate numbers it uses though.

I believe the upper floors are used as offices; and the original second terminal, the North Terminal (from before the current Terminal 1 was built) is used as the Garda station and offices for cargo handlers I think. The DAA have no qualms in asking for buildings to be de-listed if they get in the way, just look at what happened to Corballis House!