PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hand Baggage-can this be true ?
View Single Post
Old 11th Sep 2012, 22:15
PAXboy
Paxing All Over The World

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts
Agaricus bisporus The reason that I have made the statement was due to my observation as a pax on EZY for some 16 years. At one stage I commuted LTN-EDI every week for six and a half months. Further, I have followed the observations and statements in these forums for over 11 years. What these direct and indirect observations have told me is:

The best way to get on an EZY flight first is to gate crash the gate. Usually they are quiet but they are just in the front of the queue for when boarding starts. I have frequently looked over their shoulders and read that they were group 'C' (as first used) but they and have been let on before 'A' + 'B' and other variations. I have seen them protest (and pretend, I think) that their travelling partner checked in at the same time - but somehow they got into a higher group - etc.

I can see the gate agents shrugging their shoulders and just hoping that nothing kicks off. Having a stand up argument with agressive pax (both genders) is not what makes their day go well. It would also hold up the queue and onlooking pax would see an agent being, apparently, unhelpful to a pax. They would not know the reason.

It was not always like this. At the outset, folks did queue nicely. Then behaviour steadily deteriorated as they took advantage. Others then followed them.

I have stated that I think (i.e. my point of view if you read me) that many EZY staff would have been very glad to get rid of the original first-past-the-post system as it was often difficult for them.

If you choose not to accept my empirical evidence of 16 years, I am cool with that but rejecting it out of hand does not lend creedence to your point of view. Now, can we get back to the fundamental point of the thread ...

Pax behaviour with cabin baggage has followed seat selection. Once in a while they get stopped but not often and never consistently. It is obviously worth taking a punt on seat grab and cabin baggage.