PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CAA Military Accreditation
View Single Post
Old 11th Sep 2012, 18:21
rogue leader

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
More help needed please!

Does anyone know whether I can use hours for check rides/flight tests and IF training as a 'SERP' based on these statements from CAP804 as PIC time for my application for CPL(H):

Section 1 Part E

9 Guide to log annotations

H Student Pilot-in-Command - Pilot acting as pilot-in command during an approved integrated course of training, under the supervision of a flight instructor. The flight instructor shall only observe the student acting as pilot-in-command and shall not control the flight of the aircraft).

J Pilot undergoing any form of flight test with a EASA or CAA Authorised Examiner - PICUS for successful Test P/UT for unsuccessful test (including partial pass).

10.4 Student Pilot-in-Command - A student on a CPL(A)/IR, CPL(H) or ATPL(A)/(H) Integrated Course of flying training may log flight time on instrument training flights as SPIC when flying with an instructor qualified to give instrument flight instruction. The instructor must be the holder of a valid professional licence, instructor rating, instrument rating and IRI privileges. SPIC time shall be credited as pilot-in-command time, unless the flight instructor had reason to control any part of the flight. A ground de-briefing by the flight instructor does not affect the crediting as pilot-in-command.

Also I seem to recall we recorded skids off to skids on times in our log books, so would there be scope for adjusting these hours accordingly based on the following statement from the same section:

7.1 A helicopter shall be deemed to be in flight from the moment the rotor blades start turning until the moment the helicopter finally comes to rest at the end of the flight and the rotor blades are stopped.

Thank you for your help on this!