PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Leaving Airline for GA - where to find a job?
Old 11th Sep 2012, 17:04
mushroom69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have your sought-after corporate job. Lots of time off, not flying, nice house, company car, low cost of living and good salary.

But no time AWAY, even though I have an annual leave in the contract, no one seems to be able to say how to schedule one, as these are the first contracts that included this provision. The crew-coordinator suggested that it was easier to just get paid for the annual leave not taken(!)

So time away becomes recuurent, medical and when the aircraft is in maintenance.

Balance is warped, but the pay is so good, it is also hard to walk away from unless there is a good position waiting.

Not griping at all, stating the facts so that you donīt think that everyone has 15/15 or similar. Increasingly operators in ME are requesting that their crews are based there, so I am afraid this may be the wave of the future until there is a serious shortage of pilots again!

Now if my family could easily move here, then we would have a good family-life, but that assumes selling a business and speaking French, so there you are......you pay your penny and you choose your tune....