PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easyjet Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 11th Sep 2012, 14:08
FANS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Flexicrew contract must remain as one of the only Dickensian employment arrangements in place in 2012 because it is truly inhuman and degrading
That maybe so, but there are plenty of people STILL queuing up for it! Should you and your son not direct your attention to them?

Well sod you all, I am not a rich man, but very proud that I have done everything in my power to help my son achieve his ambition and will continue to do so until your industry feels he ought to receive a fair reward for his job.
EZY has given your son a start on the RHS when there were/are 1000s of more experienced and better qualified candidates out there. The reason they have done that is to save money. Why is that a surprise?

All this talk of fair reward does not factor in the huge supply of candidates able and willing to commit £100k to achieve the RHS. The industry has fundamentally changed and we need to stop making comparisons to legacy T&Cs and ultimately accept where the market now sits.

lets hear no more blame for them wanting to fulfill their ambition
It's great that people are able to fulfil their ambition, but you have to accept that this profession has declining T&Cs that bear no relation to that of 5/10/20 years ago. If anyone TODAY is going to become an airline pilot to make £$$, they're living in a dreamworld.

Flexicrew is here to stay as long as there are enough suitably qualified people out there. We're no longer talking about being superhuman/superlucky to meet the tests of BA's cadet schemes of old, and there is a massive supply still out there.