PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 11th Sep 2012, 12:33
future-pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's really hard for me at this point to make a good decision. As I previously said I'm considering many options, one of which is CTC wings cadet, the alternative is OAA. I've also considered many other options but I've heard from many pilots that these two schools offer the best training and the best employment statistics.

OAA has many problems now, one of which is that it's been bought by CAE which has changed everything. I visited many times OAA and I've always saw a good environment, but when I went back in August there were many students unhappy with the management. One of which is waiting for a job for one and a half year and he's not the only one! The thing is that OAA keeps saying to have 100% employment rate (and we do know that it's not true). The cost is £89,000 , the positive fact is that they pay for extra training and skill tests retake.

I can't give an opinion about CTC, but I've read the whole thread and I don't have a good feeling about this flight training organization. It's however the most discussed since many students from CTC find a job in approximately six months time.

My reply is not aiming to confuse people on what to do but to receive as many opinions as possible by professional people.
I know that flexicrew is a bad contract but this is a situation from which, in my opinion, we cannot escape. Moreover while you are a flexicrew you don't earn very well. Salary is one of the aspects which I didn't look at first, but when you consider to borrow money and you don't have money to pay back here you understand the value of a good salary.

Thanks, and sorry for my english.