PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - what do you expect from p2f?
View Single Post
Old 11th Sep 2012, 12:09
Artie Fufkin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
3 years of daily intensive military training added to the most rigourous selection process will always produce a better product than the bare minimum civilian training required
Disagree.

We obviously have had different experiences of RHS pilots and neither one view should be seen as correct/ incorrect. However, in my experience one or two ex military pilots have been really quite poor. (I don't have anything against ex-mil, as the vast majority are, of course, excellent).

I have seen 200 hour pilots cope better than high experienced military chaps. Would it be fair to say a lot of military training has no use whatsoever in a civilian airline environment? Would it also be fair to say a lot of skills highly prized in, say, military fast jet operations is positively frowned on by airlines?

Like I said earlier, I have seen new FOs from a range of backgrounds and have witnessed a range of talent from each.

I completely agree that any selection system based purely on ability to pay is not good, but I have also seen your quoted assertion above comprehensively disproven.