PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Indigo Call letters for Freshers
View Single Post
Old 11th Sep 2012, 11:43
LieDetector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There are a total of approx. 70-80 (includes self Type Rated, cadets, selected & Type Rated) in waiting.
Nope, try around a 100.

IndiGo has called everyone to Mumbai this friday at the Avion hotel for a meeting. The purpose is to assure everyone that each and every pilot will be absorbed eventually and also let them know of the induction plans.
Do you even know anything about IndiGo? It will be the same bollocks that they have been feeding to their cadets for the past 2 years.
They are just trying to shut up the kids waiting at home, they don't like negative publicity.

My guess is that the ones who have cleared the written and waiting should get a call by late December. Since the remainder of the selection process will take atleast a month+a month to issue an LOI+ 15-20 days to start your TR+ 4 months to complete your TR and get a DGCA endorsement. So all in all, a candidate will be induction ready and available approx 6 months after they decide to call us for CASS & Interview.

If IndiGo needs us by July '13 then they need to call us by Dec mid. And why would they need us by July '13 ? That's because the old aircraft have been returned (1 or 2 left) and every month a new aircraft is being inducted. So in the next 6-7 months they will need approx 50 pilots (FOs only).

All this is MY theory that i thought I should share. May not be 100% right.
They will have a fleet of 60 by the end of this year, and with 850-900 pilots in their ranks they wouln't be stretched till they reach 80-85 airplanes, so no they will not need you by July 2013

Oh and be prepared to shell out more for your IR renewal once you get back from your TR, InidiGo takes no responsibility if your IR lapses while waiting to join.