PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 4 Aer Lingus Crew hospitalized after turbulence
Old 11th Sep 2012, 09:06
a330jockey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Turbulence

Maddie, what all the others are saying, you are very safe in an airplane. I flew for 33 years and experienced all sorts of turbulence on flights. My conclusion is that one will get some sort of turbulence on most flights. Some of this is very light, whilst on some occasions, it will be more pronounced. But, remember this, what you call turbulence may not be called turbulence by crew! Nevertheless it's still a scary time for you.
I never liked turbulence either! Still don't! But on a flight to/from Dublin, you won't experience it for long and if it is bad or bad turbulence is forecast, the pilots will opt for a different and smoother altitude.
If you can, go on to youtube and find out somewhere that an aircraft is being tested for certification. See how strong an aircraft is!!
Aer Lingus used to give courses for nervous fliers. Maybe google that and I know it would be a worthwhile course for you to take.
I don't know if this helps, but, really flying is such a thrill! Try and relax. Even on my last few flights before retiring, I was still getting goose bumps as I was taking off, I was so excited!!