PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 11th Sep 2012, 05:34
Flyer1015

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
x rays ,Problems ????
well dont want to sound stupid ,but dont they also medical in Spain ???
You do realize different countries have different medical standards? For example, I can hold a FAA First class medical but by UK CAA standards, I could only hold a third class medical with my medical issue. I have doubts I could hold a QR first class medical too. The real problem here isn't the medical issues of pilots. The problem is that Qatar doesn't do the medical exam a part of the interview process like Emirates does. By having the medical taken care of as part of the interview cycle, you can find out right away that something is a problem. Right now, I could get hired at Qatar, get a class date, quit my job, leave my home country, come to Doha, and then find out my medical condition is actually unacceptable by QR standards. The problem here isn't the pilots.

This whole Spanair think annoys me ,simple fact is ,next big opening in Spain all wanna go home .
Its a Job Nomad thing I guess specially in the Airline World ,little movement ,one company closes next opens -->just use the same people ...
Or they take the ones paying for themselves to fly .....thats the Rookie intake ,mix it with few Ladies and youre all legal and noone can blame your hiring Culture.
Huh? Why does that annoy you? They are Spaniards who feel forced out of their employment, voluntarily or involuntarily, and are pursuing opportunities elsewhere to keep their families taken care of. Their family ties are in Spain, not Qatar. So yes, if a better opportunity opens back up in Spain, then they will bail, as they should! Family and home is most important.

Thats what i like here in Qatar ,you get a chance ,they look at you and give you a opportunity to develop yourself .I hope this will not get destroyed by some smarta$$$ in a Department who comes up with saving by just using typerated Guys .
So what if they hire type rated guys only? That is usually almost an external factor in hiring, predicated on the industry's status as a whole. Have a lack of qualified pilots applying or coming through your door, then the company is apt to take non-type rated guys. Or have a glut of pilots who are out of work with plenty of Airbus or Boeing time, and the company can then require type rated pilots only. It just depends. I don't get why that makes you upset?

Last edited by Flyer1015; 11th Sep 2012 at 05:37.