PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Two dead in Houston helicopter crash
View Single Post
Old 11th Sep 2012, 01:30
Carbon Bootprint

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Two dead in Houston helicopter crash

An R-22 crashed in northeast Houston, Texas on Monday, killing both persons aboard.

Story here

HOUSTON— Two people were killed Monday after a helicopter crashed in northeast Harris County, Harris County Sheriff’s Department said.
It happened at about 3:30 p.m. just feet from Highway 90. The R-22 Robinson Helicopter was heading to Hooks Airport from Baytown when witnesses said it went into a tailspin and crashed to the ground.
The helicopter exploded shortly after impact, killing the male pilot and his female passenger.
Good Samaritans tried to get to the man and woman and extinguish the flames but they could not.
“I’m sorry. Tried my best but there wasn’t anything else I could do,” said Jose Escamilla.
The three eyewitnesses could not put out the flames. They used fire extinguishers rushed to the crash site by employees of the pipe yard where the chopper came down.
Texas Department of Public Safety troopers secured the location and National Transportation Safety Board investigators were examining the wreckage.

Last edited by Senior Pilot; 11th Sep 2012 at 02:08. Reason: Add article