PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VFR Flight Plans: Are they worth filing ?
Old 10th Sep 2012, 19:14
FlyingOfficerKite

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have recently carried out two different types of flights. Two were longish cross-countries and the other an IMC detail flying purposely in cloud and including IFR clearances. Having signed up to AFPEx recently I filed for all these flights (one was required and the other two over water). I must say that the whole process was seamless and I consider the fact that all the ATC units were aware of my details, route and intentions proved the value of this service. This facility, coupled with SkyDemonLight, makes the whole experience so much easier. Think back 15-20 years when nothing was free, little was available, iPads hadn't been invented and you begin to appreciate the wealth of information available today. I will tend to file rather than not in future - it's not difficult and, personally, I consider it worthwhile (even when not compulsory). FOK PS: When I went back into the flight planning office at the airfield last weekend my username was still on the computer, so it seems no one had used that particular facility for flight planning purposes in two weeks (at an 'International' airport as well!).