PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - lucky escape after collision and beach landing in Holland
Old 10th Sep 2012, 19:06
flyme273

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel Lesson to be learnt

Seems to me that here we are fortunate to have video footage of a serious mid-air collision that occurred at relatively slow closing speeds in good VMC and should never have happened.
We are also fortunate to have the survival of the pilots. (Some of the pilots involved hold CPL's). Taken from the video there is 22 secs of possible visible contact.

From the video, I find the "glare" arguement to work in favour of assisting visual contact.

Transponders: in my opinion all three aircraft were probably Mode S7000 and in radio contact (or listening to) Amsterdam Info 124.3Hz. Some kind of traffic conflict service would be appreciated.

Note that the Husky is located some 2 miles right of the beach centre-line following the Right Hand Rule, which is not widely recogised in Holland.

We should draw as much information and conclusions as possible from this accident. In most mid-air's we do not have this level of factual information.

Last edited by flyme273; 10th Sep 2012 at 19:08. Reason: mis-spell