PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 10th Sep 2012, 13:59
Redline

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I really don't think that the sniping at the Spanair guys is meant as maliciously as some are taking it... It's no secret that elements of the recruitment process have been poorly executed.. And that there are potentially hundreds of highly qualified professionals around the globe sitting on the backsides being starved of information about something that is quite frankly an enormous undertaking..

It's not a decision to be taken lightly.. People in some cases moving their families away from everything they hold close (Spanair pilots included).. others its a big big step up career wise..

Myself.. I get asked a couple of times a day 'Any news from Qatar?'.. My boss asks me..My kids ask me..I get asked at the school gate dropping my kids off... Even my landlord.. It's a colossal mess..

I feel for the guys (and girls) that are out of work.. but I don't blame anybody, not Spanair, or Qatar Airways.. there's no deliberate campaign to p##s pilots around the world off.. No calculated agenda.. It's just very unfortunate..

a bit more info from QR wouldn't go amiss though