PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 10th Sep 2012, 13:40
Dct_Mopas

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by MatthewMarshall
Secondly, not only are you paying for the course you are paying for the 100% placement rate that CTC have up-held over the years, to me this was worth alot more money than going modular.
A 100% placement record, technically yes. In real life this is utter rubbish.

This statistic ignores those who were dropped at various stages of training. From the first few training flights right upto line training with the airline. The proportion of failures has only increased with less of an emphasis on ability and more on whether you have the finances available (not to take anything away from those coming through the system now, still lots of decent people just an ever increasing trend in the wrong direction).

It also ignores those who were plain unlucky and fell ill or were injured. A number never finished the relevant stage of the course/ type rating and have been left high and dry.

Finally are we really saying that paying for your own type rating (which you do at easyJet no matter which way you try to spin it) and then working for 8 months for practically nothing before being dropped is a successful placement by CTC?

Honestly how they continue to maintain such a lie is embarrassing for anybody who's ever been involved with CTC. Myself included!

Rant over, in balance I found the course to be excellent (ignoring nursling) but it is what it is. An expensive zero to hero course with diminishing returns for those who make it all the way through. And its only going to get worse for those starting out now.