PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thomson Recruiting
View Single Post
Old 10th Sep 2012, 09:39
yeoman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
N74 and I'm off

No argument there but we live in an imperfect world with such things as market forces!

It came about as a result of negotiation. As you probably know, when BALPA and an airline sit down they usually start at polar opposites and the outcome depends on their relationship and lots of other issues, including market forces determine how close to whichever sides' wishlist the result is.

In this case we wanted to open up recruitment and the price was training cost repayment. For the TR guy it doesn't work so well but for the non TR guy there is a cost but the payback is no bond. Neither are satisfactory IMHO but the best we could do.

I'm not being glib when I say "if you don't like it, don't join". It is a fact of life. Apparently there has been a huge response so it would appear that a good number of people are prepared to take a short term financial hit, however immoral, in return for a career choice that suits them. Voila! Market forces.

IMHO that is not a good precedent but it does offer a good return compared with other airlines who charge for all sorts and then don't offer the return as they are rubbish places to work.

Last edited by yeoman; 10th Sep 2012 at 09:44.