PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thomson Recruiting from Monday 3rd Sep
View Single Post
Old 10th Sep 2012, 09:20
yeoman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Matey

Yes, you are right, there is an emplyment law thing that requires a break in employment, 7 days if memory serves so no biggie. Also correct in the concept of a cadet's performance could cut both ways! THanks also for the sales pitch!! (Is that you RS, MAN, Matey!!)

Guy

That's precisely the point. I am reasonably certain the plan is to recruit from a wide spectrum of experience so although the current run is for NG as preference although accepting applications 737 in general, that is not a bottomless pool so at some stage it will have to open up. As stated, this time it is limited due training load elsewhere - somehow methinks Matey and I and our colleagues on the 737 training dept are going to be busy!!

Doobler

Yes, you're right, see above

All, thanks for the kind words on what the CC and company have put together.

Also, I've had some PMs from guys and rather than answer each personally (time!!) here are the answwrs to your FAQs:

Sorry, I don't know who to send CVs to. Think about it - the current selection is via a web page, I strongly suspect future will be the same.

When? I've no idea. I understand there has been a huge response of qualified talent so honestly? unlikely that the 25-30 places won't be filled. Watch the adverts in Flight and on the basis it was about 4 nanoseconds between company email and launch here, here might be good too!

Who? See last 3 pages of posts.

Recruitment process? Don't know but does involve line pilots. I personally think that publishing the process createsan uneven playing field but also shows the diligence in researching as much as possible. Happily I don't know so don't have to sweat it on the ethics! If you are the right guy, you'll get through. For those new to the game, I would suggest being yourself because if HR are involved, and they will be, they can spot a bluffer at 3000 yards! If it was me, I'd look for the chap I could happily sit next to for hours confident that if it went bang, I wouldn't be down to single crew ops. I'd also want to be comfy sat down the back with Mrs Yeoman + brats if s/he were driving.