PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 5th September QF Announcement
View Single Post
Old 10th Sep 2012, 05:30
Squawk-7600

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Firstly, Framer, yes I think we both agree almost entirely on what needs to be done. But what WILL be done is a completely different animal. I just enunciated the state of play as best I understand it based on my experience, what I may or may not know, and statements made by senior management of Qantas. However I could be entirely wrong, and besides things may change (and most likely will).

I must correct you however in that I have never said the QF management is corrupt. That may mean, just for example, talking down the share price such that an outside bidder could buy the corporation for less than NTA, break it up, and pocket the difference. Possibly rewarding the senior management employees in the process if they "made it easier". I want to make it quite clear that I have never suggested such a thing would go on.

Chuckle

Sorry, now where was I. Oh yes. Having said all I have about QF, no I don't think they're dead quite yet. Sounds like a scene from "Life of Brian", "... I'm not dead yet". If, and it's a big IF, the strategy continues the way it has been and the way Joyce has announced it will continue, then yes Qantas International is dead. BUT, deep down I still hold hope that common sense will prevail and they will see that the 787s will need to go to International and be used as a premium product. Given that this lot are fixated on lowering costs and not increasing value, IF that was to happen I wouldn't put it past them basing them off-shore and operating them in reverse down to Australia. But that is getting too far ahead to try to even have a wild stab at. All this will rely on a complete about face in strategy as announced, but that was yesterday, so anything is possible

Secondly, the little outburst by the member Teresa Green, together with one from another member (admittedly in his case through a misunderstanding) has made me realise that this board is not for me. Sorry chaps, but I'll leave you to it. Teresa's extraordinary outburst, apart from being totally devoid of any element of fact, just led me to realise that there's far too much negativity here to be healthy, and life's too short. I have everything to lose, and really nothing much to gain by posting my thoughts, so it's best to step back for a while. Edit: I see while I was writing TG has posted again, along much of the same toxic vein. TG I don't know who has crapped in your porridge, and care even less. What I will say is that this comment summed it up, "Look after nbr 1..." That pretty much summarises the J* IR culture, and I feel you may be regretting the smugness much sooner that you may realise. Again, I'll just leave it at that.

Good luck to the QF drivers, let's hope it all works out and no hats are harmed in the making of these stories!

Squawking 7600

Last edited by Squawk-7600; 10th Sep 2012 at 05:54.