PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 5th September QF Announcement
View Single Post
Old 10th Sep 2012, 03:38
framer

Received 481 Likes on 129 Posts
Squawk 7600,

I think you and I agree loosely on what needs to be done, ie new routes to non EK destinations with no reduction in international departures.

The only difference I can see in our positions is that you firmly believe that the management of the company is too inept or corrupt to do it, and I think that they most likely will. Maybe that is because you have been following QF more closely than I have.

Framer start eating that hat. Just off the top of my head I can think of a number of routes QF has pulled out of in the past few years, or has announced it will soon pull out of, namely Mumbai, Frankfurt and Beijing (yes believe it or not!).
OK, so they increase frequency to Sth Africa and Nth America or Sth America to make up for those three you mentioned....why not? Or they start flying direct to a few Asian destinations that are not well served at the moment. Anywhere that EK doesnīt go direct to out of Ausi really.

Yes the A330s are still, as far as I'm aware, coming back from J* to QF. However they will be used domestically
They donīt have to go to domestic, things change, the company is trying a new route so to speak. Maybe they will paint up some of those A320īs they have on order and run them domestically and shift the 330 over to International....why not?

EK runs the A380 across the Tasman and gives away the fares in the process as it's cheaper than pay to leave it parked in SYD and cop it up the date by those who have perfected the art of doing so, MAp
I donīt think that is true. How much does it cost to park an A380 on the tarmac at Sydney? Everyone says that but nobody seems to know how much it actually costs.
Anyway, in 12 months if they have cocked it up as badly as most here think they will I will eat the hat