PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fodder for the Ryanair haters...
View Single Post
Old 9th Sep 2012, 23:34
edi_local

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jabird

If there are modes of public transport where bags are a problem, try evacuating a train or an urban bus in the run up to Christmas. Another one for PTDRuNe.
Never mind Christmas time. I've just come off one of the slow trains from Birmingham to London Euston, after we called at BHX the carriage was an obstacle course all the way to at least Leighton Buzzard! I don't hear anyone complaining about trains not having seperate compartments for baggage. Has anyone on PPRune ever used the tube?

To suggest Ryanairs hand baggage policy is a danger to the passengers is absurd. Why not have a go at BA who allow 23Kg in their cabin baggage, as well as 2 items (2 bags in C, 1 bag+ 1 small item in Y), and that's on all routes, not just long haul and that includes aircraft which are of similar size or smaller than the FR 738's.

Anyway, Hamish 123, You state that:

"Overhead lockers were to be used only if no space was available under seats. As me and my family boarded early, we ignored this and used the overhead lockers, but I ended up sitting beside two folk who both did the whole journey with their feet resting on their bags."

Why did you blatantly ignore what the cabin crew were asking you to do? You're not in charge of the cabin safety, they are. Do you think they were making such requests for fun? They had their reasons that in the first instance you should use the space in front of you, as you stated, so why did you feel as though that didn't apply to you? Being on early surely meant that there would be plenty of room under the seats for your family's bags. Perhaps the people next to you could have put their bigger bags in the overhead bin had you not used up all the space?