PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fodder for the Ryanair haters...
View Single Post
Old 9th Sep 2012, 22:54
jabird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not every internet user is capable of making the effort to look for all the hidden traps; in many cases elderly or disabled people simply can’t work the system and are fleeced as a result.
I have some sympathy with this point. There are regulations governing accessibility to websites, in which case I'd love to see the CAPTCHA thrown out, but I think it will take a few more test cases first.

I have a mentally handicapped daughter. There is absolutely no way that she could understand that a flight advertised as being say £25 actually costs four times that amount.
So realistically, would you send her to make an booking with any airline or travel company?

Ryanair's policy discriminates against the less capable.
We are on sticky ground here. Does it do this to people who are less capable because of reasons beyond their own control, or because they cannot be bothered to read the small print?

I'd be interested in a reasoned thread on the former, but this one is clearly about the latter.

Lot of information there jabird, are you the lady's husband perchance and therefore (rightfully) pee'd off at the extra cost?
No, I'm (rightfull) pee'd off at people who complain after they have been stung by t's and c's they agreed to. Nothing in my reply wasn't already in the original article.

Maybe she should have just stayed in the UK and taken a rail holiday on Beardie Trains. Then she could have joined the hundreds of thousands bleating about that - again, long after the rules of the game were clearly made available for the participants.