PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Leaving Airline for GA - where to find a job?
Old 9th Sep 2012, 21:49
Doodlebug

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Herr Max,

A wise post above stated that:

''Bottom line - all the REALLY good corporate jobs get filled by word-of-mouth - you'll never see a job ad for one that's having excellent Ts and Cs.''

In your position I would, therefore: Find one of the rare few true gentlemen in a position of authority in Corporate/G.A., for example Peter Hartmann of Premium Jet, Xavier le Donne of Global Jet, or the sadly deceased Torben Jorgensen of Execujet, etc., and try to prove your worth to him. You start small; be flexible; keep schtum when you actually want to bitch and moan; try to get along with the weird and wonderful varied characters in our business (we're all a bit wacko, however to this day I've yet to meet somebody who really has absolutely nothing of worth to contribute); build your hours; don't scare the pax; don't get creative with the company-card; listen when given advice; read the AFM; be reliable; don't be a overbearing know-it-all when entrusted with responsibility; know your place in the hierarchy; and be polite. In our job everybody knows everybody! Keep your nose clean and the good jobs will come. This can take a great many years to achieve, mind. The good jobs most certainly are out there, and the very top ones beat the majority of the airline gigs hands-down, salary- roster- and conditions-wise. I know because many of the people I started with are in the airlines.

See you on the line