PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aviation enthusiasts left intimidated while viewing at St Athan
Old 9th Sep 2012, 19:48
NutLoose

Received 2,931 Likes on 1,250 Posts
No prob from me as an Aircraft Engineer, in fact some police encourage them to help if they spot something suspicious, known to do a bit myself as a friend working nearby is one, so I call him if I see anything interesting taxing past. I must admit I have seen some anal security, had a Libyian 225 come in many moons ago and a spotter was standing on his steps to takes some pictures over the fence from a carpark, I was standing the other side airside also with a Camera.. And this security guy was trying to get shot of him, he can get over the fence etc... Blahh blah blahh ( 10 foot from it at least!) so I chirped in saying where is he going to go, there are six of us this side of the fence, so let the guy take his pictures as it's taxying, he will be happy and on his way and you won't be spending the rest of the afternoon chasing him from different spots.. Sense prevailed he got his shots thanked me and the security bod and left happy.... Not rocket science is it?

Last edited by NutLoose; 9th Sep 2012 at 19:52.