PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Leaving Airline for GA - where to find a job?
Old 9th Sep 2012, 18:48
McMax

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey guys,

thanks for replying!

Was afraid that this might happen...

I'm not in a good airline like BA, LH, etc! I get paid peanuts, I'm away from home with no real good solution to travel home, cause there are often only 36h off...

It's not a problem to stay there for let's say two more years! But it's no place where I wanna get old!
So where to go? LH is no option anymore. AB is going down, no real perspective. BA? Some Cargo operators, that's it within Europe!
Or did I missed some good outfits? Please let me know!

Become a contractor a la KAL and commute? Not really, no future as F/O

But Stick35, I'm absolutely aware about this problem! To get out of GA towards Airline flying is not that easy, and my decision would be a one-way thing!

What jobs do you want to have with good t&c, the chance of a more or less stable life with family and stuff like that?

I know that GA flying ist not always that nice & cool, but being an Airline-Bus-Driver has nothing to do with flying...

But I think I got the point you all are aiming at, have to think about all that ones again, but as you might have noticed, I'm a bit lost about which direction to take for the future...

Cheers!