PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Leaving Airline for GA - where to find a job?
Old 9th Sep 2012, 13:52
McMax

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Leaving Airline for GA - where to find a job?

Hey Guys,

there are some older threads out there, but just wanna get a up to date view from you concerning flying biz.

I started on a C 550 for a few month, got a job offer on Airbus 320 within Europe and there was only one decision for me: head towards the bus... getting a rating paid these days is not too bad.
Always looking back for the more attractive part of flying in GA.

I'm still low houred (800h Bus, 1200h tt) but would like to change the outfit. The airline-thing is ok, but money is not that great right know and would like to have a more stable rouster like 15/15 or whatever and to be back in GA.

To be honest, I would appreciate a large Jet, but even on small types time on type + rating is required.

So what to do?
I absolutely do not gonna pay for a rating and hope the best to find a job afterwards.

Reading all the time here on pprune that everywhere t&c are turning downwards, even in the former "glamoures" companies like comlux etc....

Are there still some good companies out there operating Airbus?

The time is not that good to find a job at all, but is there any chance to find a job let's say with 1500h tt on an Airbus or on other mid/large jets, but non rated..? Would fly anything, but APU is appreciated

So don't get me wrong, just would like to hear some opinions about changing career again, where to look for jobs and things like that!

Thanks in advance for your input...