PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 4 Aer Lingus Crew hospitalized after turbulence
Old 9th Sep 2012, 11:52
Maddie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi,

Firstly, hope that everybody affected are ok now. I sure it was very scary, even for the experienced crew.

Can I ask was it just unfortunate timing with the plane just happening to be flying through the area at the split second when the cloud/air formation changes caused the clear air turbulence?

What are the chances of this happening again? Do the conditions at Dublin make it more suspectible to CAT - sea and mountain backdrop?

How long would the turbulence have continued for?

Do you think any additional precautions can/will be taken to see if such turbulence can be picked up in advance in future. I understand that it is often virtually impossible to pick up clear up turbulence.

Also, would/could other planes have been affected and if not, how come there appears not to have been any other reports of turbulence around that time.

Sorry for the questions, but as you may know from my previous posts I am both a frequent and nervous flyer and my destination airport is always Dublin.

Thanks for any advice/information.