PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wizz air (Merged 2011)
View Single Post
Old 8th Sep 2012, 22:49
prg737

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To tell another story… The interview was a controversal experience, very different from what I experienced at other airlines. I was 737 rider in Africa that time, wanted to get back to Europe. Put in significant time and cash to do the interview at Gatwick. The event starts with a HR briefing. bases, history, #aircrafts, salaries, depending where are you employed/subcontracted etc. Things you either knew before or did't need to know at his phase. 15 minutes with HR and 15 minutes with 2 capitains in different rooms. HR had only typical questions: why Wizz, 3 weaknesses/strength, pref base. The 2 captains had just the same questions to every candidate: fuel planning, 1 hour IFR flight with your aircraft. Some rwy lights. No tricky questions, short logbook review, thank you. Same for everyone, based on lobby talk, regardless of background. At the end the candidates had to line up in front of the 2 captains- á la army. Those who qualified for the sim (~50%) were called. No word to the others. Comme il faut. I was not called, so I can not tell the sim story.

In brief: Definetly they do need and do hire some people. It is unlikely though, that the candidates are selected on such an event. Why? Based on a 15 min interview with uniform questions it is impossible to make difference between people neither regarding their personallity, nor their technical knowledge. McDonalds is putting in more to select his crew. I am not trying to guess how the candidates are actually selected. I was putting this down just to help you to raise the question: spend 4 days of your life and pay for costs to assist this show for the lowest paid Airbus job of the continent?

Good luck!