PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying instructor jobs
View Single Post
Old 8th Sep 2012, 09:55
speedbird001

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi all,

I don't post on here a lot but after reading this brilliant thread I decided to take the plunge with my 2 cents worth.

I've had my fATPL for two years now and I've had no luck at all on the job front, like many others as well.

Like a lot of guys I've got a huge passion for Flying and Aviation in general, I've only got 300hrs so the industry is still very new to me and I'm still learning, I had to do the MEP/IR first, like most I really didn't fancy doing all those exams again and not to mention the money problems along the way.

Other pilots always ask me what am I going to do, go to this airline or that airline or bush fly etc etc etc but the truth is I just love Flying and all I want is to make some sort of a living out of it at the end of the day.

The only thing that has really appealed to me since passing the CPL/IR is doing the Instructors Course, after reading this thread now that's exactly what I'm going to do.

Over the last year I feel I've been like a dog chasing my own tail but this thread has really inspired me to finally go out and take the plunge, I find it really difficult to try and express my passion and enthusiasm in writing but for those who can a massive thumbs up.

After reading a lot of posts on here this one has really made me think what I love about Flying, when I think back I can relate to a lot of things you guys said about being an instructor, all the ones I've had I looked up to them as gods in my early training and without doubt when I look back, learning to Fly for my PPL has been the best experience in all of my Flight Training to date.

I know as a PPL instructor I won't make a huge ammount of money, it's never been about getting the hours in for me, I just want to Fly for some sort of a living and maybe after a few years I may want to go down the commercial instruction route, I just hope that I will be able to bring that passion over to my students when it finally happens and be able to inspire them as I was.

Great thread guys, all the best

SB001