PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BIRMINGHAM - 5
Thread: BIRMINGHAM - 5
View Single Post
Old 8th Sep 2012, 09:07
OltonPete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Winter 2012/3

insuindi

Thank you for the update on OLT, Helvetic F100 has just landed without flaps. They seem to have two aircraft that make regular appearances in AV Herald!

tom775257

Cheers for heads-up re Malta, no other changes in the winter schedule that I noticed so still only one FUE & LPA and 2 x TFS.

GF

Correct the colourful CEO of Qatar announced to the world about BHX-DOH back in 2006 and ABTN picked up on it and published an article, which is fair enough as you do expect the CEO to know his new routes. Surely lightening can't strike twice?

EI BOJ I assume same as the Athens last week and is fuel as they were both pre-planned so not medical or anything else like that. Perhaps they knew they were going to be late and couldn't arrange fuel to be available on arrival.

easyjet

Geneva now bookable to 14 April and is daily for the last two weeks which of course will cover Easter. Belfast is bookable until the end of June similar times.

Brussels

Still showing no flybe aircraft for winter, which is odd. The night-stop is a SN RJ100 as with three other flights and a Tyrolean Q400. This is quite a seat increase to now. I have seen some reports of the Q400 fully booked on the first departure in the early part of the week but seems drastic to upgrade as I would imagine 78 seats is enough most days.

Air France

The A319 upgrade from the CRJX on the 19.00 flight is still showing.

SAS

The aircraft types on the Stockholm keep changing so that should provide some interest. I have seen the 736, 73W, 738 and MD81 listed at times. CPH in general is a mix of MD81's and CRJ9's in the morning and CRJ9's in the evening with Airbus listed for the morning next summer. There is no Saturday morning CPH this winter.

Thomas Cook Summer 2013

A big change but alas not to the base downgrade with just two based. However a lot of destinations have reappeared but using Monarch schedule(HER, FUE, LEI ACE etc). The only interesting one is new to 2013 Malta with a based aircraft on a Tuesday as both TCX aircraft are or were busy that day.

Pete