PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New e-mail account
View Single Post
Old 8th Sep 2012, 08:40
ExSp33db1rd

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
Outlook Express fans (I wuz one once):
What are you using on a new computer, seeing's how OE is no longer existant?
Yes, I too am/was an Outlook Express fan, but it morphed into Windows Mail on my Vista Laptop, and Windows Live Mail on a recent Netbook Win 7 purchase, but both seem the same to me, only a name change - but as one suffering from EGBF ( Electronic Gadget Brain Failure ) I must be missing some finer points that I will never use ( like many years ago buying an expensive SLR camera lens that had an f1.4 aperture - then taking nothing but shots on the beach, where one had to stop it down to f16 anyway !! - if you see what I mean ? )

Why do "they" have to keep CHANGING things !!

The advantage of O.E. or Win.Mail for me, is that when travelling I can crouch outside a coffee shop offering free WiFi in exchange for buying a coffee, download e-mail from my home ISP via their webmail service, transfer what I need to keep to Win.Mail, then take the computer back to our apartment - that is not wired for either telephone nor broadband - and we can read, and reply to, our e-mails over a free cup of coffee at our leisure, offline, later in the day.

Works for me.

Last edited by ExSp33db1rd; 8th Sep 2012 at 08:41.