PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS - WHERE TO NOW?
View Single Post
Old 8th Sep 2012, 06:30
TIMA9X

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Joyce Not Up To The Job? Part 1 - 2

By QF94 - Not a truer word spoken. I know it's Singleton's words and that his advertising agency dumped, but it's a public figure trashing AJ and saying what staff have been saying for a long time.
Spot on, in my view but I also agree with

By Offchocks - I don't think AJ will be culled just yet, not that I agree yesterday's announcement was the saving of the airline, but it will have bought him some time until he stuffs up again!
I have maintained for a while now, if the image of your product is not right in the public eye, then you have to agree with Singleton whatever his motives are, what he said on Thursday is probably the best summation anyone has come up with in the public arena .. AJ in real life is probably a nice bloke (not that I am in a hurry to find out) but there is no doubt in my mind the current lot running the show at Q are way out of touch with the realities of running a premium service orientated business, something the Qantas brand was always known for.

LC and AJ have no idea about this, they have failed badly by pursuing the two brand strategy, favouring the Jetstar model over a tried and proven product.. which they and they only must take responsibility for and fall on their sword..

It is Jetstar that has damaged the iconic brand value Qantas maintained for all those decades. Having said that, I don't blame the staff at Jetstar, not one bit, they do a fine job, but the two products should have been kept very separate from each other since conception, they simply just don't fit.

And another thing, note how OW has been removed from the frontline when the media is concerned.. only a year ago she was everywhere AJ was when it came to media coverage... Why is that? It is my view, OW enhanced the poor image of the Qantas brand ten fold because of her perceived complete lack of industry knowledge, a well supported feeling by many behind the scenes in the media. Again not her fault, she too was a poor choice for that job, a lack of people skills.... the endemic problem right throughout the top management at Q, it's all me me me I know best stuff with no consideration for the real people who keep the show on the road, the operational staff..

The operational staff, (pilots, CC and Engineers etc) are the airline and believe it or not, the very people the punters relate to.. if they sense that the frontline staff are disillusioned then it all breaks down, plenty of evidence of that these days as a direct result from poor managers bereft of handling people in a people business.

Now more than ever, if Qantas is to survive, the chairman, CEO and the board must go... and go soon... before it is too late... they simply are not up to the job.... they are already junk status in my view... no idea, John Singleton is right in what he said on this issue.. for me, no doubt about it..

As Singo said, it's a Sol kind of feeling

Last edited by TIMA9X; 9th Sep 2012 at 08:48.